View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
General Workshops 

Who has already or is planning to submit a general workshop for this year?

Thu May 08, 2014 10:01 am
Profile WWW

I hope to do two workshops while at Fest. Duct Tape Crafts, come make a change purse, wallet or small carry bag. I submitted forms to do one Over 40s as asked for in other posts, and one for teens. Waiting to hear if I get excepted to do them.

Thu May 08, 2014 7:13 pm

cool! I wish the BB had a "like" button :-)

Fri May 09, 2014 5:17 pm
Profile WWW

I hope the knife throwing workshop is back. I’ve been practicing!

Mon May 12, 2014 7:44 pm
Profile WWW

still hoping for a 'tarping' workshop

Tue May 13, 2014 9:49 am
Profile WWW

General workshop application submission is coming up! Besides the Tuesday night ritual, I don't have any other organized activity planned yet.
In years passed, I have hosted:
Magicke 101
Exploring the archetype of the sacred prostitute
A Queening ritual

and helped
Ruth Barrett with her Croning ritual
minnow with her Lammas ritual

No scathingly brilliant ideas have come to me yet. Any suggestions?

Workshops I have enjoyed in the past:
There was a partner lifting workshop hosted by, I think, Lava circus performers that was really fun.
I really enjoy Pat Schatz's creative writing workshops.

I hope there is a community project this year, like the year we made the prayer flags.

Tue May 20, 2014 4:26 pm

Hey! We're planning on doing the Naked Workshop again this year - I attended it last year and it was amazingly transforming. I'm the backup facilitator should the person who facilitated it last year not be able to come. We'll work together to get the proposal in.

Fri May 23, 2014 3:35 am

I am co-hosting a Law of Attraction workshop with Annette Krauchi. Friday morning from 10:00 to noon. Hope to see y'all there.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:00 pm

Social Media- The Good, The Bad and the Ugly - Saturday 11:00 am to 12:30 pm -Area 11
If you FaceBook, Tweet, blog, or upload content to YouTube, Pinterest etc, or you are a novice and want to learn, this workshop is a strategies, technics and tactics workshop to help turn the tide on the story wars and get some accurate online content circulating about Michfest and address the blatant misrepresentation and projected hostilities we face. Experienced social media mavens are very welcome and invited to come help with this. I am not an expert, but I have learned some things and I am creating space for this discussion.

Last edited by Artemis on Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:42 pm

I'm teaching "Line Dancing to Michigan Music" again this year. We'll learn two very simple dances to the music of Melissa Ferrick, Toshi Reagon, Chris Williamson, Cheryl Wheeler, and Krudas Cubensi who are all playing at Mich Fest this year. Beginners welcome. I can show you techniques to make it really easy and flourishes to make it more complex, whatever appeals to you. We'll start with slower songs first, then increase the tempo as you learn "Rita's Waltz" and "Texas Cha-Cha". We'll dance at the August Nite Cafe/Community Center dance floor Sunday morning from 9:30 to 11 am. We had a good crowd last year; let's do it again. Even if you don't dance, it's fun to just come watch.
See you on the Land soon!

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]